BICYCLE PEDAL SYSTEMS. BICYCLE PEDAL
BICYCLE PEDAL SYSTEMS. DIRT BIKE 125CC FOR SALE.
Bicycle Pedal Systems
- A bicycle pedal is the part of a bicycle that the rider pushes with his or her foot to propel the bicycle. It provides the connection between the cyclist's foot or shoe and the crank allowing the leg to turn the bottom bracket axle.
- A set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network
- (system) (physical chemistry) a sample of matter in which substances in different phases are in equilibrium; "in a static system oil cannot be replaced by water on a surface"; "a system generating hydrogen peroxide"
- (system) a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole; "a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going"
- A set of connected things or parts forming a complex whole, in particular
- A set of organs in the body with a common structure or function
- (system) instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity; "he bought a new stereo system"; "the system consists of a motor and a small computer"
Pedal Car Arrest
The driver of the artwork Shared Propulsion Car arrested on Queen Street, by the Toronto Police.
On October 25th Toronto Police arrested the driver of Shared Propulsion Car, an artwork by the 2007 Sobey Award winner Michel de Broin, on Queen Street West. A trial date has been set for April 3rd, 2008.
The revolutionary vehicle consists of a 1986 Buick Regal body stripped of its engine, suspension, transmission and electrical system, and propelled by the energy of its passengers. The vehicle retains the illusion of the mass-produced luxury automobile, but is now reduced to a shell, with a top speed of 15km per hour. This unique car requires no gasoline and produces no toxic emissions, presenting a political alternative to the conspicuous consumption of car culture (no wars have been waged over pedal-power).
The vehicle is part of a solo exhibition by the acclaimed artist, on display at Mercer Union, an artist-run centre in downtown Toronto, from October 24th to December 8th. The car left for it’s maiden Toronto voyage on October 25th, the afternoon after the opening reception. Dean Baldwin, brand-new license in hand, took the steering wheel, assisted by Dan Young and gallery Co-Directors Dave Dyment and Elaine Gaito. The public responded with enthusiasm, sympathy and solidarity.
The vehicle was driven nine blocks (from 37 Lisgar Street, to Strachan Ave), before being pulled over by the police. The driver and passengers were left to wait for 30 minutes in the car, presumably while the officers determined which law had, in fact, been broken. They settled on "operating an unsafe vehicle" and a tow-truck was called.
Today Baldwin appeared before a judge and entered a plea of not guilty. A trial has been set for the third of April, at 3pm. The court will have to argue that the Shared Propulsion Car is more dangerous than other vehicles on the road (bicycles, unicycles, roller-skates, rickshaws, skateboards and other “muscle-powered vehicles”, in addition to automobiles). In the last 50 years 200,000 Canadians have died in car accidents. No pedal-car deaths have been reported.
Mercer Union and artist Michel de Broin would like to invite you to join us on April 3rd, in courtroom R at 60 Queen Street West, at 3pm. Seating is limited, so please arrive early. With the expectation of winning the right to operate the vehicle on the streets of Toronto, the artwork will be towed to Old City Hall on the morning of April 3rd. We hope to leave the courthouse in victory, and slowly pedal home.
Pedal-Powered Party People
Following the art install, people headed over to Simon's spacious home to cycle indoors for hours.
giant comfort bikes
air resistance exercise bikes
t rex bike stands
enduro mountain bike
bicycle front wheel bearings
bmx bike on sale
wike bike trailers
Post a comment
| HOME |
Author:best road bike components
Welcome to FC2!
- BEST ROAD BIKE COMPONENTS : BEST ROAD (10/18)
- BICYCLE HEADLIGHT REVIEW : BICYCLE HEADLIGHT (10/18)
- BICYCLE PEDAL SYSTEMS. BICYCLE PEDAL (10/18)
- BIKE BASKET FOR SALE. FOR SALE (10/18)
- BLUE BMX BIKE - BLUE BMX (10/18)
- BURLEY RECUMBENT BICYCLE. BURLEY RECUMBENT (10/18)
- CHRISTIANIA BIKES USA : BIKES USA (10/18)
- CITY BIKE TIRE - BIKE TIRE (10/18)
- CR250 DIRT BIKE. CR250 DIRT (10/18)
- FOLDABLE EXCERCISE BIKE - EXCERCISE BIKE (10/18)
- FRONT BIKE STAND - FRONT BIKE (10/18)
- HOW TO INSTALL PEGS ON A BIKE : PEGS ON A BIKE (10/18)
- HOW TO REMOVE BIKE CHAIN WITHOUT TOOL - HOW TO REMOVE BIKE (10/18)
- HUFFY BICYCLE WHEELS. BICYCLE WHEELS (10/18)
- MINI BIKE STORE. MINI BIKE (10/18)
- MINI BIKES AND SCOOTERS : MINI BIKES (10/18)
- MOUNTAIN BIKES ONLINE STORE - ONLINE STORE (10/18)
- POCKET ROCKET BIKE PARTS - BIKE PARTS (10/18)
- TOP BMX BIKES. TOP BMX (10/18)
- YETI BIKE FRAMES. YETI BIKE (10/18)