BEST ROAD BIKE COMPONENTS : BEST ROAD
BEST ROAD BIKE COMPONENTS : STUDDED BIKE TIRE : COOL KIDS BIKES
Best Road Bike Components
- identification of the major parts
- A wide way leading from one place to another, esp. one with a specially prepared surface that vehicles can use
- The part of such a way intended for vehicles, esp. in contrast to a shoulder or sidewalk
- an open way (generally public) for travel or transportation
- a way or means to achieve something; "the road to fame"
- (roads) a partly sheltered anchorage
- A regular trade route for a particular commodity
Look Keo Easy Road Bike Pedals - 6008090000
The Keo Easy pedal is ideal for starting cycling using automatic pedals, or for recreational use. Because it lacks spring adjustment it is very light - 120g. New KEO standard - We have developed this new standard (cleat and pedal) in a lightweight goal as well as being compatible with all the actual shoes on the market. The size of the cleat is a little bit smaller, but we keep the fixation point of the old standard which is a reference on the market. Injected polyamide body - The body is injected on a really specific material : high resistance glass fibre charged polyamide. This material is less expensive than carbon and makes possible a very resistant and light body. If this pedal has been made in aluminium the weight will have been over 170 grams. Height: Axle/sole - 17,5 mm against 21,6 with the old standard; to close the axle improve the power of pedalling. When coming from the delta standard to the KEO one, it is advice to adjust the saddle 4 mm lower. Spring tension cannot be adjusted. Cleat: LOOK KEO (new standard) bi-components - The red, the grey or the black LOOK KEO cleat still offers a large surface to maximize the power transmission. With two different materials: white part in Teflon for the shifting parts will kick out squizing and noising even in bad weather conditions, and the red or black part in polycetal to guaranty the strength. Fit memory of the cleat - A small black piece located and screwed on the sole will save the memory of fitting the actual cleat
Drivetrain Upgrade: Final Result
The final assembly took about five minutes and I didn't stop to take any pictures during. Just slide the right side of the crankset through the bottom bracket, attach the opposite arm, torque it down to spec and then thread the chain through. Then I just put my old pedals on with a bit of grease on the threads.
The one major annoyance was that the new crankset has a chainline of 51mm while the old one was 50mm. This required that I adjust the front derailleur. The front derailleur is the only "brand Sh" component on the bike and like many of their components is a pain to deal with. Took about 10 minutes to completely fine-tune it.
Visually I would have prefered something with less bling to it. The crankset and chainrings were described on FSA's website as being "grey anodized." I think of grey as the color of my pedals or tires and that's kind of what I expected. Still, it's not like I would have bought something else had I known. The price was too good.
Besides, a good coating of dust will hide the bling factor quite nicely.
Also, note replacement tires since last set of photos. The old ones were not worn, but had been in the garage for several years before I actually used them, and the rubber was cracking.
Now, time to ride!
Drivetrain Upgrade: All New Components
FSA Afterburner crankset, FSA MegaExo bottom bracket (with spacers), SRAM PG-980 cassette, SRAM PC-991 chain.
The cassette is an exact replacement of what was there before, done because there was some obvious wear on the smaller sprockets of the old one.
chinese electric bikes
mountain bike with disk brakes
yellow bicycle seat
sun cruiser bikes
townsend mountain bike
play bike racing games online
24 kids mountain bike
Post a comment
| HOME |
Author:best road bike components
Welcome to FC2!
- BEST ROAD BIKE COMPONENTS : BEST ROAD (10/18)
- BICYCLE HEADLIGHT REVIEW : BICYCLE HEADLIGHT (10/18)
- BICYCLE PEDAL SYSTEMS. BICYCLE PEDAL (10/18)
- BIKE BASKET FOR SALE. FOR SALE (10/18)
- BLUE BMX BIKE - BLUE BMX (10/18)
- BURLEY RECUMBENT BICYCLE. BURLEY RECUMBENT (10/18)
- CHRISTIANIA BIKES USA : BIKES USA (10/18)
- CITY BIKE TIRE - BIKE TIRE (10/18)
- CR250 DIRT BIKE. CR250 DIRT (10/18)
- FOLDABLE EXCERCISE BIKE - EXCERCISE BIKE (10/18)
- FRONT BIKE STAND - FRONT BIKE (10/18)
- HOW TO INSTALL PEGS ON A BIKE : PEGS ON A BIKE (10/18)
- HOW TO REMOVE BIKE CHAIN WITHOUT TOOL - HOW TO REMOVE BIKE (10/18)
- HUFFY BICYCLE WHEELS. BICYCLE WHEELS (10/18)
- MINI BIKE STORE. MINI BIKE (10/18)
- MINI BIKES AND SCOOTERS : MINI BIKES (10/18)
- MOUNTAIN BIKES ONLINE STORE - ONLINE STORE (10/18)
- POCKET ROCKET BIKE PARTS - BIKE PARTS (10/18)
- TOP BMX BIKES. TOP BMX (10/18)
- YETI BIKE FRAMES. YETI BIKE (10/18)